Ralph Goodale

Your member of parliament for


Ralph Goodale

Your member of parliament for



Government Services

As your Member of Parliament–your elected federal representative–I can assist you in many different ways. Please contact my office if you need information or assistance in one of these areas:

Special Occasion Certificates

Celebrating a Milestone Birthday or Anniversary?
Please contact my office with the details and we can arrange congratulatory certificates for your special occasion.

Canadian Heritage

How am I able to research my family history?
The National Archives of Canada Geneology Centre can get your started on tracing your family tree.

Where can I find information on the National Anthem: O Canada?
For the official lyrics of “O Canada” and the history of the National Anthem, click here.

Children and Students

What student loan programs are available to me?
Student Financial Assistance, including loans and grants, is available to eligible students through provincial, territorial and federal governments. Click here to find out more.

Where can I find information on Canadian universities?
Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about Canadian Universities and colleges. Information about facilities, services and academic programs as well as links, expert information and statistics – it’s all here.


How do I apply for Employment Insurance (EI)?
Apply on-line or contact the EI section of Human Resources Development Canada.

How do I find a job?
View the Government of Canada Jobs, Workers, Training & Careers web page.

How do I obtain a Social Insurance Number (SIN)?
The Social Insurance Number (SIN) is a nine-digit number used in the administration of various Canadian government programs. You will require a SIN to work in Canada or to receive government benefits.

How do I start a business?
Click here to find helpful hints on starting a small business.


Where can I find information about the Government of Canada?
Phone 1-800-O-Canada (1-800-622-6232) or visit www.gc.ca

How do I replace lost ID cards?
The Government of Canada has a list of helpful hints on which agencies you should contact, and how to contact each one.

Health and Safety

Where can I find advisories on food, drugs, medical services, natural health products and consumer products?
Health Canada helps protect Canadians from potential health hazards by releasing warnings / advisories on food, drugs, medical devices, natural health products and consumer products.

Where can I find information on Public Safety in Canada?
Click here for up to date information on Public Safety in Canada.


How do I find out about immigrating to Canada / studying in Canada?
Follow the following links to learn more: Immigrating & Studying.


How can I obtain information on Canada’s Parliament?
The Parliamentary Internet web site, created and maintained jointly by the Senate, the House of Commons and the Library of Parliament, offers information on Canada’s Parliament.

Seniors and Retirement

Where can I find information and services that are relevant to seniors 55+?
Seniors Canada On-line provides access to information and services offered to seniors, their families, caregivers and supporting service organizations.

How do I apply for the Canadian Pension Plan retirement pension or other benefits under the plan?
Visit Social Development Canada (SDC) for information on Canada’s Retirement Income System: The Canada Pension Plan.


Can I file my taxes on-line?
The Canada Customs and Revenue Agency offers electronic services to individuals and to businesses.


How do I apply for a Passport?
If you are planning a trip abroad or even to the United States, it is extremely important to have a Canadian passport as proof of citizenship and residency in Canada. For information on how to obtain a passport, please visit one of the regional passport offices or download an application.

Note: Urgent or express services are available for emergency or compassionate reasons on a case-by-case basis. These services are available only for those applicants who can apply in person at a regional office and who provide proof to justify the urgency.

How do I get advice for international travellers?
View the Department of Foreign Affairs Travel Reports web page

I want to see more of Canada. Where should I go?
Find travel information relevant to Canada’s many beautiful attractions.

How can I plan to visit some of Canada’s National Parks and Historic Sites?
Parks Canada Vacation Planners assist you in planning a visit to Canada’s National Parks and National Historic Sites.


How do I find a postal code on-line?
The Canada Post web site can help you properly address mail. Click here to search for a postal code.

Other Government Questions?
Click here for additional Frequently Asked Questions offered on the Government of Canada website.